- Windows or Mac-based laptop or desktop computer. (Tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices may work for some parts of your coursework, but will not work for others.)
- Some online courses may require a microphone
- Speakers or ability to use headphones for audio playback
- Some online courses may require the use of a web camera
Minimum System Requirements
Operating system requirements are as follows. You may need local administrative access to your operating system.
For PC Users
- Minimum Operating System: Windows 8.1, 10, or 11
- Recommended Operating System: Windows 10 or 11.
For Mac Users
- Minimum/Recommended Operating System: OS X
Web Access and Browser
You must have access to a high-speed internet connection via DSL, cable, fiber optic or satellite at an FCC-recommended rate of 4 Mbps for optimal performance. Recommended web browsers (updated versions):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari
System and Browser Requirements for Video Communication
Individual courses may have other software requirements including basic word processing software. Check your course syllabus for specific software requirements.