COVID-19 saliva testing on campus is free, quick and noninvasive, and results can typically be shared within 24-48 hours. Saliva testing is only available to current students, faculty and staff. You can also get tested off campus.
It is very important that any student, faculty or staff member that develops significant symptoms of COVID-19, like fever, cough or shortness of breath, contact a healthcare provider for evaluation. Students can make an appointment at Student Health Services through MyHealthSpace.
Important information about vaccines can be found on our COVID-19 Vaccine Information page.
Schedule for Summer 2022
Please check the schedule regularly as locations or times may change.
Face coverings are required at all testing sites.
If you have a group of more than five that require testing for travel, please call 803-576-7705 to schedule testing a week prior to the testing date.
As of July 1, 2022, you must renew your consent acknowledgement before coming to the testing site:
- Log in to MyHealthSpace with your university username and password. To update your password, go to myaccount.sc.edu/iam/.
- In the left menu, click "Medical Clearances."
- Scroll down to "Additional items NOT required for clearance" and click the green update button next to "COVID-19 Testing Consent & HIPAA Agreement."
- Scroll down and then check the item under "Acknowledgment."
- Click blue "Submit Final" button.
- Click "Proceed."
- 7:30 a.m.–3 p.m. student, faculty and staff saliva testing, 1311 Pendleton St.
- 7:30 a.m.–12 p.m. student, faculty and staff saliva testing, 1311 Pendleton St.
- Monday, July 4
Please note: Testing parking is adjacent to the 1311 Pendleton building (spaces 1-20).
Please do not park in perimeter spaces.
Before you come to a test site:
- No appointment needed at any of the saliva test sites.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke or vape, brush your teeth or chew gum or mints for 30 minutes before testing.
- You may have clear water up until 10 minutes before testing. Hydrate well on your test day.
- Bring your Carolina Card.