Keep up with news from Healthy Carolina, including reminders and announcements about the farmers market.
Healthy Shopping and Entertainment
The Healthy Carolina Farmers Market is a hub for commerce, entertainment and health at USC.
- Agu's All Natural Salve
- Asaya's Organic Farm (local produce and herbal teas)
- B&B Farms (local produce)
- Carolina Popcorn Company (kettle corn)
- Congaree Milling Company (grits and oats)
- Gin's Juice (fresh juice blends)
- Hippy Do Da (metal and stone jewelry)
- January Remingtonn (SC-made candles)
- Kakigori Japanese Shaved Ice
- Lil Duck Kombucha
- Mary's Arepas
- Meet Your Cremator (hot sauce)
- Palmetto State of Mind Coffee
- Rosie Girl Bakery
- Southern Squeezed (fresh fruit and vegetable juice)
- Staci's Scentsations (candles, lotion, glassware)
- Sustainable Carolina (biosoap, dried herbs, composted soil)
- Utopia Farms (local produce)
- Veggie Patch (local produce)
Please join us for The Healthy Carolina Farmers Market beginning at 10:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m. on Greene Street.
Be Well, Feel Well
Welcome the market back as we explore physical activity and the impacts it has on our bodies.
Come say hello to Healthy Carolina’s Sexual Health Coordinator and tackle some taboo topics. As always, there will be plenty of games, food, & prizes!
Sexual Assault Awareness Month
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). Join us at the market to learn about prevention, help spread awareness, and to show your support to survivors of any form of sexual assault or violence.
Love Your Plate
Come see Healthy Carolina’s Outreach Dietician and learn how to #loveyourplate again. Stop by the Healthy Carolina table for free samples and prizes!
Learn how to manage your stress at the Healthy Carolina Farmers Market. Hear about the resources we have on campus that will help you live your best life, like the CALM Oasis, our resident therapy dog or FREE stress consultations for students!
Join us at the Healthy Carolina Farmers Market as we partner with Sustainable Carolina to bring you Earthstock, a mini festival celebrating sustainability filled with student performers, art and food!
*The Healthy Carolina Farmers Market is a rain or shine market; however, staff reserve the right to cancel the market in the event of inclement weather.
On any given week, you can expect a range of fun and educational activities such as:
- Cooking Classes
- Fitness Classes
- Free Samples
- Live Music
- Carolina Food Company (giveaways and information)
- Office of the First Lady, Mrs. Patricia Moore-Pastides (free samples of local produce)
- Parking Services
- Russell House University Union
- South Carolina Department of Agriculture
- Student Government
- Sustainable Carolina
About the Market
The Healthy Carolina Farmers Market aims to emphasize the direct connection between local food choices people make and the quality and health of our environment and daily lives. The market promotes overall wellness through campus resources, cooking demonstrations, health screenings and community engagement, while still providing access to healthy, fresh and locally grown goods.
Supporting South Carolina Farmers
Farmers market vendors must sell sustainable and locally grown or sourced products. By providing farmers and growers with a direct market for their products, the Healthy Carolina Farmers Market helps sustain the regional agricultural economy and helps ensure the future of farming in South Carolina.
All vendors must read and agree to our rules and regulations before they can sell at the market.