Skip to Content

Off-Campus Living & Neighborhood Relations

Request Legal Help

University of South Carolina students can request legal support and services in matters that relate to landlords, tenants, housing and domestic relations.

Make an Appointment

You must be currently enrolled and will need to present your Carolina Card at each visit.


The Department of Student Life has teamed up with South Carolina Legal Services to offer consultations and educational programming to fee-paying students. Services are available by appointment.

Make an Appointment »
Due to privacy requirements, only currently enrolled USC Columbia students can make the appointment request (cannot be a parent, guardian, etc.). 


Types of Consultations Provided

  • Landlord-Tenant
  • Housing
  • Consumer Protection
  • Probate Law
  • Domestic Relations
  • Employment Law

For matters outside our scope of services, students will be referred through the South Carolina Bar Lawyer Referral Service.

Issues We Can't Discuss

  • Personal Injury
  • Real Estate Law (except landlord-tenant)
  • Commercial Law
  • Alcohol and Substance Abuse Violations
  • Malpractice Claims
  • Criminal Defense
  • Immigration
  • Tax Work

Under no circumstances will consultations or representation be provided in disputes against USC, its officials and employees or other USC students. Students with these types of concerns will be referred to the South Carolina Bar Lawyer Referral Service

Free Legal Information

For easy access to basic legal information and legal resources in South Carolina, visit is a project of South Carolina Legal Services.

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.