High Value Care, Performance Improvement and Population Health
The High Value Care, Performance Improvement and Population Health Distinction Track
prepares future physicians to be effective leaders and innovative participants in
health care improvement. Students will learn established strategies and methods for performance
improvement to achieve high-value health care for their patients and the surrounding community.
- Define and explain the importance of high-value health care and its impact on population
- Discuss “costs” in health care including the basics of health insurance, payment models and
definitions of “charges and costs” to both the patient and the health system.
- Participate in system improvement activities such as root cause analyses and quality
- Design a project to improve value/performance in the delivery of patient care.
- Publish and/or present a project pertaining to High Value Care, Performance Improvement
and Population Health.