The last time Joe McElveen was a freshman at the University of South Carolina, Lyndon Johnson was in the White House and the Vietnam War was playing on the nightly news. But after taking two courses this summer as a warm-up, the 64-year-old retired oncologist has a full load scheduled for the fall.
- Faculty and Staff Gateway
Faculty and Staff Gateway
Welcome to your one-stop shop for all the links faculty and staff members use most. You can check your email, find forms for student advising, check out your benefits or find the internal Web pages for your specific unit or division. To find what you need, browse the categories below, click on the plus sign to display links within that category and select the link you want.
- Tools and Resources
- Carolina Alert
- Directory Search
- Marketing Toolbox
- System Phonebook
- For New Employees
- Benefits Orientation
- Campus Map
- Carolina Card / ID Information
- Email Set Up and Instructions
- Partner / Dual Career Services
- Relocation Expense Policy (pdf)
- University Orientation
- Vehicle Registration
- Assisting Students
- Academic Advising
- Academic Bulletins
- Career Planning
- Exams and Commencement
- Graduate School
- International Resources
- Student Financial Resources
- Student Support Services
- Teaching and Research
- Library Resources
- Research Resources
- Teaching Resources
- Technology Resources
- Personal and Professional
- Campus Services
- Health and Wellness
- Policies, Forms and Procedures
- Employee Relations
- Equal Opportunity Programs
- Faculty Manuals
- Family Friendly Policies for Faculty
- Family Leave Policies
- Human Resources Forms
- Human Resources Office
- Human Resources Policies
- Human Resources Training / Courses
- Policies and Procedures Manual
- Purchasing / Procurement
- Sabbatical Request Form
- Tenure and Promotion
- University Ombudsman
- Colleges and Schools
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Darla Moore School of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering and Computing
- The Graduate School
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- School of Law
- College of Mass Communications and Information Studies
- School of Medicine Columbia
- School of Medicine Greenville
- School of Music
- College of Nursing
- South Carolina College of Pharmacy
- Arnold School of Public Health
- College of Social Work
- South Carolina Honors College
Per the request of many faculty members, instructors can now view photographs of their students in Blackboard.
The Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce has announced its Leadership Columbia Class of 2015. This year's group of public and business leaders features five members of the University of South Carolina community.
Five of South Carolina's top political science scholars will be at UofSC Aug. 21 for a panel discussion on this year's gubernatorial election.
This year UofSC welcomes stellar new faculty members to campus. Meet Taylor Kearns, an instructor in the College of Mass Communications and Information Studies. Kearns left a career in local TV news to return to his alma mater.
When a river runs through it, there will be opinions aplenty on how to manage that river. And as emeritus geography professor Will Graf knows, science has a lot to offer when competing interests are entrenched in positions that might seem impossible to reconcile.
Patrick Patterson learned the hard way what happens when a dad leaves home. That's why he's devoted his career to keeping families together.
Life has returned to the UofSC campus as 6,709 students moved into the residence halls. The new year is an exciting time for all, but especially for the class of 2018.