APPLY TO USC
Start your best adventure yet! Take the next step into your future at the University of South Carolina.
You can begin the application process as much as a year before you plan to enroll at USC. Pay attention to important deadlines, so you can rest assured that your application meets all the requirements for consideration. The earlier you apply and submit your credentials, the better you'll find yourself positioned for acceptance, potential scholarships and other financial aid options.
Check out the information on specific application requirements for:
- First-Year Students: If you are currently a student in high school, or have graduated high school and never attended a post-secondary institution, you are considered a first year student.
- Transfer Students: If you currently attend or have attended a post-secondary institution other than the University of South Carolina and would like to complete your undergraduate education at USC-Columbia, please review information for transfer students. Students who are still in high school and who are participating in college-level dual enrollment should not use this application.
- International Students: International students have some additional requirements and steps in their application process. If you are a non-US citizen, read on to find out your next steps.
- Re-admission: If you were a former degree-seeking USC-Columbia student and have missed one or more major semesters (fall or spring), you will need to reapply for admission to the University. If you have taken college courses elsewhere in the interim, you must also meet transfer requirements.
- Non-degree: If you are looking to take courses at the University, but do not intend to work toward a degree, or you are a visiting or transient student, please read our non-degree requirements.
- Change your USC campus: This section is for students who are currently attending one of the University’s seven other campuses and wish to become students on the Columbia campus.
Go ahead — apply online and get started at USC today!
Your success depends on meeting deadlines. Stay current and check back often to see if dates have changed....learn more
Track the forms and documents you're required to submit for admission to USC....learn more
Invest in your future at USC and discover options for scholarships and financial assistance....learn more