The firewall protects all devices connected to the campus network by blocking unwanted vulnerability scans and attacks from outside the network. By screening network traffic as it crosses the boundary between the internet and the campus network, the firewall blocks certain probes and attacks from reaching our networked computers, creating a safer computing environment for everyone.
- All devices connected to the university’s secure networks are protected from the internet, with no action required by device owners.
- The firewall is designed to provide maximum security with minimal impact on performance.
- Contact the UTS Service Desk for firewall requests.
- Departments wishing to protect their environments from other university devices should contact the Service Desk for more information.
- No charge for basic protection.
- Costs for more advanced security needs will be determined on a case-by-case basis.