Skip to Content

Financial Aid and Scholarships


Students who do not meet satisfactory academic progress will lose their financial aid eligibility. You may submit an appeal to be considered for reinstatement. Appeals must be in writing and submitted to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.

All students deemed ineligible to receive financial aid as a result of failing to meet any component of this policy have the right to appeal. All appeals must be submitted in writing to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships (OSFAS). Appeals are approved on a case-by-case basis. The student must have experienced one or more specific, mitigating or other unforeseen circumstances that interfered with the completion of his or her coursework. Once an appeal is approved, the student will be placed in one of two categories: plan or probation.


The student in conjunction with advisors in the OSFSAS and academic coaches in the University Advising Center and department advisors, develop an academic plan that if followed, will aid in the student being able to meet SAP standards by a specific point in the future. For a student to continue to receive financial aid on an Academic Plan, he or she must meet the conditions of the plan each semester or meet the regular SAP standards. 


The student should be able to meet the regular SAP standards by the end of the period of enrollment for which the student is appealing. To regain eligibility at the end of the probationary semester, the student must meet the regular SAP standards. 

Appeal Approval

If an appeal is approved, a letter will be sent to the student detailing any specific requirements established by the OSFAS, University Advising Center, and department advisors to help the student achieve Satisfactory Academic Progress. It is the responsibility of the student to follow the requirements. Students should consult with the OSFAS SAP staff if they have questions. 

Appeal Denial

If an appeal is denied, a letter will be sent to the student notifying them of the decision. The student may choose to enroll without receiving financial aid.

Note: Students are allowed to appeal up to a maximum of three times.