Class of 2021
Ninety-nine students from the the UofSC School of Medicine Columbia matched into residency programs during Match 2021. We offer our congratulations to all of our students, and we know that they will continue their successes in the years to come.
Once again, a number of our students will be staying close to home, with 23 students staying at Prisma Health for residency, and a total of 29 students staying in South Carolina. Our students also matched in many strong programs throughout the eastern U.S., including Duke, Wake Forest, Yale, Mayo Clinic, and Brown University, to name a few. As in prior years, the percentage of our students pursuing residencies in primary care specialties is above national averages (44% vs. 39% nationally). Other specialties highly represented in the UofSC SOM Columbia Match results include Emergency Medicine (13%), General Surgery (7%), and Radiology (6%).
Archived Match Results
The in-person event for Match Day 2020 was canceled due to COVID-19. However, the class of 2020, still had a successful Match Week:
- Many of our students stayed local with 25% matching at Prisma Health residencies and 35% staying in South Carolina.
- Of our students 67% will enter residencies in primary care specialties or in specialties greatly needed in South Carolina, compared to 61% of graduating students entering those specialties nationally.
View the full Match Day 2020 Report [PDF]for a complete list of appointments.
The class of 2019 received their residency appointments during a Match Day at The
Zone on Friday, March 15.
The class had a successful Match Week with:
- Matches in 23 States and the District of Columbia
- Twenty-four matches in South Carolina
- Students matched into a variety of competitive and selective residencies, including
- Palmetto Health/University of South Carolina SOM
- University of North Carolina
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital/Ohio State University
- Oregon Health and Science University
- University of Alabama—Birmingham
- UC Davis Medical Center
- Butler Hospital/Brown University
- University of Florida College of Medicine/Shands Hospital
- And many more!
View the full 2019 Match Report [pdf] for a complete list of appointments.