BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (BCBSSC) Foundation:Improving access to Healthcare Awards
The Offices of the Vice President for Research and Corporate and Foundation Relations are pleased to solicit pre-proposals for the BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (BCBSSC) Foundation. The mission of the BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation is to promote and support healthier South Carolinians, particularly the economically vulnerable, by supporting solutions to address gaps in health care and serving as an agent of change to support innovation and value-added public-private partnerships.
This Funding Cycle includes the following priorities (with strong emphasis on disadvantaged and uninsured populations):
• Improving Access to Care
• Building a Strong Healthcare Workforce
• Improving Health and Healthcare Quality and Value
• Investing in South Carolina’s Children, especially in areas of Childhood Obesity, Mental Health, and Access to Care
The BCBSSC Foundation only accepts a limited number of LOIs from USC per funding cycle. The USC internal deadline for this Call for Proposals is 5:00 pm on Wednesday, August 2, 2017.
Please note your Letter of Intent should be no more than 2 pages and must clearly outline how the proposed initiative will impact improved access to healthcare and the overall health of the underinsured and uninsured. The following information must be included:
· Mission and background of organization.
· Target population and number of uninsured people served by the project.
· Proposed project, including goals.
· Overview of project activities and measurement of outcomes.
· Timetable for implementation.
· Specific amount requested and how the funds will be used.
· Sources of additional financial support for the project.
· Address, phone number and e-mail address for the contact person of the proposed project.
Additionally, please include a 2 page biographical sketch for the Principal Investigator and all relevant team members.
Please e-mail your internal LOI to Beth Herron at email@example.com by 5 pm on August 2 as a single PDF file.
For questions, please contact Beth Herron in the Research and Grant Development Office at 777-2885 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Elaine Delk in Corporate and Foundation Relations at 777-3403 or email@example.com.