Banner and Self Service Carolina aren't the only technological changes happening on campus. Soon we will begin using DegreeWorks for student degree audits and to determine degree applicability.
Student success is an integral mission at the University of South Carolina. With the continued goal to provide students transparency and improve our graduation planning processes, the University of South Carolina is revamping technological resources to aid in improving student success and ultimately attaining their degree. DegreeWorks was selected as one of the initiatives of the OneCarolina Project. OneCarolina is University of South Carolina's multi-year project to modernize, streamline, and enhance academic and administrative services.
What is DegreeWorks?
DegreeWorks is a web-based tool for students to monitor their academic progress toward degree completion by reviewing a degree audit. DegreeWorks allows students and their advisors to plan future coursework. DegreeWorks reorganizes your transcript chronologically and categorically, easily identifying courses you have completed and what courses you still need in order to fulfill your degree requirements.
Requesting DegreeWorks User Access in DAPS
If you need to request access to the DegreeWorks system please follow these steps:
1. Take the FERPA quiz (if you have recently completed the FERPA quiz for Banner System access, skip this step).
2. Go to sc.edu/daps. Log in with your network username and password.
a. Data Type: Student
b. Category: System Access
c. System or Type: DegreeWorks
d. In the description field: Advise students
4. Download and complete the DegreeWorks Access Request form. Print. Sign. Fax or scan it to yourself. Save the form.
5. Upload the form from step four.
6. Agree to the Terms and Conditions and submit.
7. Wait for an email telling you your access has been granted.
For more information on DegreeWorks, please see this helpful training document that will help you navigate your DgW experience.