USC to hold 5th annual May Carolina Alumni Weekend
By, Peggy Binette, firstname.lastname@example.org, 803-777-5400
Alumni of the University of South Carolina are invited back to campus for the fifth annual May Carolina Weekend May 10 – 12.
A springtime tradition, May Carolina Alumni Weekend features exhibits, lectures, tours and receptions for alumni of all ages and their families. Many of the events are free and only require registration.
A complete list of this year’s events is available on the Carolina Alumni Association website. Among the offerings will be:
• a presentation by South Carolina Honors College professor Jim Burns titled “Motown Records and the History of Popular Music in American 1958 – 1988,” which features a talk, music, singing and dancing;
• a talk and book signing by 1958 alumnus Jim Harrison, whose coffee table book “The Palmetto and Its South Carolina Home” showcases the story, artistry and love for our state tree;
• a photography class by 1987 alumnus John Wrightenberry, well-known for his artistic approach to portrait and wedding photography;
• “How to Really Help Small Businesses,” a talk by 1976 alumnus Frank Knapp Jr., president of the S.C. Small Business Chamber of Commerce; and
• a behind-the-scenes tour of the Colonial Life Arena.
May Carolina Alumni Weekend is a complement to Homecoming. The spring weekend is designed to allow schools and colleges to plan more content for alumni than a busy football weekend would allow. Homecoming will be Nov. 9 – 10.
News and Internal Communications