University inducts 10 in adult-student honor society
The University of South Carolina inducted 10 members into the Mu chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda, a national honor society for adult students.
Founded in 1945, Alpha Sigma Lambda recognizes the academic success of adult students. South Carolina chartered its ASL chapter in 2000.
ASL inductees include:
● Callie Anderson of Cayce;
● Kathryn Barry of Columbia;
● Heather Brockington of Sumter;
● Russell Brown of Columbia;
● Shawna Fosdick of Gaston;
● Jason Harris of Columbia;
● Edward McHenry of Columbia;
● Marie J. Moore of Fairfax;
● Mandy ONeill of Cayce; and
● Dylan Rustemeyer of Columbia.
In addition to students, three faculty members were inducted. They are John Abdalla, Extended University; Sheryl Kline, College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management; and Matthew Rashotte, Extended University.
For more information about the 2011 inductees to Alpha Sigma Lambda, contact Harriet Hurt, director of adult-student services for the University of South Carolina, at 803-777-8155.