Faculty Welfare Committee
This committee shall consider university policies and the enforcement of policies regarding the welfare of the faculty, such as faculty salaries, other compensation and benefits, and any matters affecting the workplace environment. The committee may recommend appropriate changes or the enforcement of existing policy, propose new policies, or comment upon proposed university action affecting faculty welfare. Major changes in policy should be forwarded with a recommendation to the Faculty Senate for its consideration and transmittal to the provost, president, or Board of Trustees.
The Faculty Welfare Committee meets monthly. Although we have members from regional campuses and from across the Columbia campus,
we do not presume to speak for all faculty. Toward that end, if you have any questions or concerns that you feel are pertinent
to the welfare of faculty at USC, please address them to FWC Committee chair
Erin Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org (803-777-8753).
Committee Membership 2016-2017
- Christian Anderson, Co-Chair - Education (2017)
- Andrea L'Hommedieu, Co-Chair - Libraries (2017)
- Roozbeh Behroozmand - Public Health (2018)
- Shanna Schaffer - Libraries (2018)
- Drucilla Barker - Anthropology (2019)
- Subrahmanyam Bulusu - Earth & Ocean Sciences (2019)
- Mark Beck - Languages, Literatures, & Cultures(2017)
- Susan Kuo - Law (2017)