Take part in Leadership Week Jan. 30-Feb. 4
By Adena Rice, firstname.lastname@example.org
UofSC's first Leadership Week, set for Jan. 30 through Feb 4., will offer activities, seminars, panel discussions and performances to promote leadership activities at Carolina. Coordinated by the Office of the Provost and sponsored by units across campus, the week's events include:
- Graduation with Leadership Distinction Open House - 2-4 p.m. Jan. 31, Legare College Room 321
- How Advisers Can Help You Discover Your Leadership Potential - 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Feb. 1, University Advising Center Lobby, Close-Hipp Room 102
- Challenges to Leadership on Issues of National Public Health Concern: Women’s Health, Environmental Health, and Children’s Physical Activity - 4-5 p.m. Feb. 1, Public Health Research Center Auditorium, Room 114
- Leadership Presentation by S.C. State Representative James Smith (D-Richland) - 3 p.m. Feb. 2, Gambrell Hall Room 152
- Guest Speaker Mayor Steve Benjamin - 5 p.m. Feb. 2, Capstone Hall Carolina Room (17th floor)
- Fake News: Lunch, Learning and Leadership - noon-1 p.m. Feb. 2, School of Journalism and Mass Communication Room 318
- Lunch Time New Music - noon Feb. 4, The Wired Goat, 709 Gervais Street
The week culminates in the annual Student Leadership and Diversity Conference Feb. 4.
The full list of events sorted by program area includes more than 50 opportunities open to students, faculty and staff.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about