You're always a Gamecock; stay connected after graduation
By Whitney Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
With graduation around the corner, seniors soon will start their post-graduate lives across the nation. UofSC offers students such incredible experiences, often making it difficult to say goodbye. Here are just a few ways to stay connected to Carolina even if you’re hundreds of miles away:
1. After you’ve left campus, stay connected to UofSC by subscribing to the weekly roundup of news, events and happenings around Carolina. Follow us on Twitter (@UofSC and @UofSCstudents) and Instagram (@UofSC and @UofSCstudents) to see what current Gamecocks are up to and what’s going on across campus.
2. Locate your My Carolina Alumni Association chapter and connect with UofSC alumni wherever you are. Local chapters bring alumni together for social and professional activities, whether it's for networking opportunities or a cheering on the Gamecocks.
3. Visit the brand new My Carolina Alumni Center, the permanent home for all Gamecock grads. The space can be used for both social and professional events, and alumni and students have the opportunity to network, learn, share and create memories. The first of its kind at the university, the Alumni Center features meeting space for business and personal gatherings, as well as social space for weddings, parties and milestone occasions.
4. Come back for Homecoming Weekend, Nov. 4-6, and reconnect with friends, roommates and classmates. Details will be announced on the alumni association's website and on Twitter (@MyCarolina) and Instagram (@MyCarolinaAlumni).
5. Join the My Carolina Alumni Association. The association is a worldwide, self-governed membership organization that nurtures lifelong relationships between and among alumni, students and friends of the university. Graduating students can sign up by May 31 to receive a free one-year membership sponsored by current members of the alumni association.
6. Find a Gamecock [login required]. Look for a UofSC alum by using the online directory to reconnect or stay in touch.
7. Share your stories! Tell us where you are going or how your time at Carolina affected your life, and show us what you are up to by tagging #UofSC on social media. What piece of advice do you have for this fall's incoming students? Tell them by tagging #UofSC20.
8. The Career Center and My Carolina Alumni Association invite alumni to join the Career Management Community. Join them on the first Wednesday of each month for a live webinar featuring the nation’s top career authors and experts, or view previously recorded webinars from the archives. You'll learn the latest tips, tools and best practices to manage career and job searches.
No matter where you go, you'll always be a Gamecock. And just know, you're always welcome at Carolina. Congratulations, class of 2016!
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about