Things to do before graduation
By Student Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
So, you’ve applied to graduate. What’s next? With graduation around the corner, you have just a few weeks to get things in order before walking across the stage in May.
- Complete your senior check with your academic adviser to be sure you have all the classes you need to qualify for graduation
- Tell your people! Invite your friends and family to come support you on as you walk across the stage
- Order your cap and gown. Order at least two weeks ahead of time to make sure it gets here on time
- Check your UofSC email for messages from the Office of the Registrar regarding your status and informing you of your seat number
For seniors, it’s also time to make a few more memories before you leave UofSC. Here are some ideas:
- Take graduation pictures on the Horseshoe
- Plan a potluck dinner with a group of friends
- Decorate your mortar board (cap)
- Enjoy Columbia cuisine one more time. Get chicken salad from the Gourmet Shop, a late-night sub at Beezer’s, coffee from Cool Beans, ice cream from Sweet Cream or a snowball from Pelican’s
- Go to the Farmers Market one last time
- Catch a movie at the Nickelodeon theater
- Make sure you’ve completed everything on your UofSC Bucket List.
There will be three separate graduation ceremonies at Colonial Life Arena:
- 3 p.m., Friday, May 6 – Pharmacy, Business, Information & Communications, Nursing and Public Health
- 9:30 a.m., Saturday, May 7 – College of Arts and Sciences
- 3 p.m., Saturday, May 7 – Education & Interdisciplinary Studies, Engineering, Social Work, Hospitality, Retail & Sport Management, Music and Palmetto College
- Make reservations for lunch or dinner after your commencement ceremony
- Make sure you get there a little early to find a parking space.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about