6 reasons to go to the State of the University
By Student editor
University President Harris Pastides’ annual State of The University address will be held on Sept. 10 at 10 a.m. on the Horseshoe. We have six (of the many) reasons you should check it out.
1. Cake: Yes, you read correctly. The State of the University will have cake. You'll just have to come out to hear what Carolina is celebrating.
2. The Band: The Mighty Sound of the Southeast will be performing on the Horseshoe. They will be playing music that you’re used to hearing at Williams-Brice Stadium on Saturdays. It's a great way to start the morning.
3. Get a selfie with President Pastides: Everyone loves a good selfie, especially President Pastides. If you come to the State of the University, you could have the opportunity to take a selfie with the president. Just think about the Instagram opportunity this presents — filters galore.
4. Be an active member of the UofSC community: It is important as a member of the UofSC community to be involved and informed. Attending the State of the University is a great way to do so. You can hear updates about the Carolina Promise campaign, athletics, research and partnerships. Plus, you'll feel connected to Carolina because you'll know what's going on.
5. It's always a beautiful day to be on the Horseshoe: You know you love to sit on the Horseshoe while enjoying the beautiful South Carolina weather. Come out and enjoy the Horseshoe, hear what's going on at UofSC, catch some good music and celebrate your university.
6. Mayberry: Come support your fellow Gamecocks as student band, Mayberry performs. They're likely to keep you entertained. Read more about the group in our interview with the lead singer.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about