The College of Social Work will have a limited number of MSW Graduate Assistantship (GA) openings for Summer 2022 Semester. If you do not already have a GA position for Summer 2022 Semester, and are interested in applying, see the information below. Please note, combination degree students are not eligible for a College of Social Work GA while enrolled in their concurrent program (i.e., MPH, Law, MPA).
Students awarded a Summer 2022 Semester Graduate Assistantship:
- Will be awarded a GA position for Summer 2022 Semester only
- Are part-time employees of the University that provide administrative support and/or research assistance to faculty or staff
- Work 10 hours per week for the College of Social Work
- Receive a stipend
- Are assessed the in-state rate for tuition purposes while they retain their GA
Students interested in being considered for a Summer 2022 Semester GA must submit a GA request statement to COSWADMS@mailbox.sc.edu no later than Friday, April 22nd . Below are the GA request statement directions:
- The Graduate Assistantship narrative statement must be:
- Titled "Graduate Assistantship Request – your name"
- Also include the date you are submitting this statement
- Formatted as a maximum of two pages, double-spaced, using 12-point san serif font (e.g., Arial, Calibri, Helvetica), and one-inch margins
- This statement includes:
- Request for a Summer 2022 Semester Graduate Assistantship
- Research/volunteer experience and related interests
- Achievements, scholarships and/or honors you have received related to academics and/or community service
- Practice interest, faculty member(s) with whom you would be interested in working, and other skills, languages, and certifications
Graduate Assistantships are limited and competitive. Students will be selected based on current GPA, research experience, academic achievements, and community service. Students awarded a GA will be notified by Friday, May 6th. If you have any questions or concerns about the Summer 2022 Semester GA application, please email COSWADMS@mailbox.sc.edu.
Note, information about the Fall 2022 Semester-only GA application process will be made available in late May. Pending the availability of Fall 2022 Semester-only GAs, application information will be sent to students’ UofSC email addresses and will be posted on the CoSW website.