Faculty and Staff
Rickey Evans, PharmD, BCPS
|Department:||Clinical Pharmacy and Outcomes Sciences
College of Pharmacy
Dr. Evans is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Outcomes Sciences. He also maintains a clinical practice site in critical care at Palmetto Health Richland. Dr. Evans received his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy in 2013. He completed a pharmacy practice (2013-2014) and specialty residency in solid organ transplantation (2014-2015) at University of Kentucky Healthcare. Prior to returning to the University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy, Dr. Evans practiced as a clinical pharmacy specialist in lung transplantation and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) support in addition to serving as Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy. He is an active member in numerous professional organizations including the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, the Society of Critical Care Medicine, and the American Transplant Congress.
- Critical Care
- Solid Organ Transplantation
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Resident and preceptor development
- Goetz, Evans RA, Rendulic T. Opportunistic Pulmonary Infections in the Solid Organ Transplant Recipient: A Focus On Drug Therapy. Critical Care Nursing Quarterly. Oct 2017 40(4): 399-413.
- Kido K, Evans RA, Gopinath A, et a Severe Hypertriglyceridemia Induced by Sirolimus Treated With Medical Management Without Plasmapheresis. Journal of Pharmacy Practice. February 2017. Epub Ahead of Print.
- Evans RA, Quidley AM, Blake EW, et a Pharmacy resident research publication rates: A national and regional comparison. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2015 (7): 789-793.
- Evans RA, Clifford TM, Tang S, et a Efficacy of once weekly dapsone dosing for Pneumocystis jiroveci prophylaxis post transplantation. Transplant Infectious Diseases. Dec 2015 17(6): 816-821.