Faculty and Staff
Hana Rac, PharmD
|Department:||Clinical Pharmacy and Outcome Sciences
College of Pharmacy
Dr. Hana Rac is a clinical instructor in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Outcomes Sciences at the University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy and practices as the lead antimicrobial stewardship pharmacist with the Antimicrobial Stewardship Collaborative of South Carolina (ASC-SC). She graduated from the South Carolina College of Pharmacy in 2015. After graduation, she completed a PGY1 pharmacy residency at Emory University Hospital followed by a PGY2 infectious diseases pharmacy residency at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
- Seddon MM, Bookstaver PB, Justo JA, Kohn J, Rac H, Haggard E, Mediwala KN, Dash S, Al-Hasan MN. Role of early de-escalation of antimicrobial therapy on risk of Clostridioides difficile infection following Enterobacteriaceae bloodstream infections. Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Oct 12. [Epub ahead of print].
- Rac H, Wagner JL, King ST, Barber KE, Stover KR. Impact of an antifungal stewardship intervention on optimization of candidemia management. Ther Adv Infect Dis. 2018 Jan; 5(1):3-10. Epub 2017 Dec 10.
- Rac H, Stover KR, Wagner JL, King ST, Warnock HD, Barber KE. Time-kill analysis of ceftolozane/tazobactam efficacy against mucoid Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains from cystic fibrosis patients. Infect Dis Ther. 2017 Dec;6(4):507-513. Epub 2017 Oct 20.
- Rac H, Bojikian KD, Lucar J, Barber KE. Successful treatment of necrotizing fasciitis and streptococcal toxic shock syndrome with the addition of linezolid. Case Rep Infect Dis. 2017; 2017:5720708, Epub 2017 Feb 19.
- Evans R, Quidley AM, Blake EW, Maxwell WD, Rac H, Shah PJ, Millisor VE, Bookstaver PB. Pharmacy resident research publication rates: a national and regional comparison. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2015;7(6):787–793.