Faculty and Staff
LeAnn Norris, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCOP
|Title:||Associate Professor / Clinical Pharmacy and Outcomes Sciences
|College of Pharmacy|
Doctor of Pharmacy
University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy, 2004
Moses Cone Health Center/Regional Cancer Center, 2005-2006
PGY1 Pharmacy Practice
Moses Cone Health Center, 2004-2005
LeAnn Norris, Pharm.D., is an associate professor in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Outcomes Sciences at the College of Pharmacy. She completed her Pharm.D. degree at the University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy in Columbia in 2004. After graduation, she completed a PYG1 residency at the Moses Cone Health System in Greensboro, N.C. In 2006, she completed her PGY2 residency at the Regional Cancer Center within the Moses Cone Health System in Greensboro. She was the 2010 recipient of the Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association New Practitioner of the Year Award. Her research interests include supportive care, hospice/palliative care issues, and medication safety. She has also won numerous teaching awards including Teacher of the Year and Clinical Teacher of the Year for the University of South Carolina.
- medication safety
- medical oncology – supportive care, monoclonal antibodies, tyrosine kinase Inhibitors
- palliative care – pharmacy impact and interventions
- Norris LB, Bennett CL. A Comparative Study of Rituximab – associated Progressive Multifocal Leucoencephalopathy (PML). University of South Carolina ASPIRE I Grant. $10,000, funded. (Primary investigator)
- Norris LB, Bennett CL. Supporting outstanding academic research grants at USC (SOAR
– USC): A Comparative Study of Rituximab-associated Progressive
Multifocal Leucoencephalopathy (PML). American Cancer Society. $30, 000,
funded. (Primary investigator, 20% effort)
- Bian J, Bennett CL, Schulz, R, Norris LB, et al. SONAR: Focus on Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors. National Institutes of Health-R01. $2,300,000, funded. (Co-investigator 5% effort) ; 1R01CA165609-01A1.
- Norris LB, Lu K, Sutton SS, Bennett CL. Diabetes and Risk of Bladder Cancer: A Retrospective Cohort Study among the Veteran Affairs Population. Provost Clinical Incentive Pilot Grants, University of South Carolina. $15,000, funded. (Primary Investigator)
- Kablaoui, Farah, Bookstaver PB, Norris LB. Use of antibiotic lock therapy in central line associated bloodstream infections in cancer patients. Magellan Scholarship Grant. $3,000, funded.
- Maxwell, W, Qureshi ZA, Norris LB, Bennet CL.Who’s Watching MedWatch: An
assessment of hematology-oncology drugs and VTE reporting. Doris Meddin Grant, University of South Carolina. $ 12, 944. Funded. (Co-Investigator)
- Sutton SS, Rao G, Hardin J, Norris LB, Bennett CL. Transition of care in patients with castrate / hormone resistant prostate cancer. Funded - $75,000. October 2011 – October 2013. Strategic Marketing Technologies (SMT). Sutton SS, Rao G, Hardin J, Norris LB, Bennett CL. (Co-investigator, 5% of time).
Hermanson T, Norris LB, Bian J, Sartor O, Bennett CL. Toxicity and costs associatedwith new cancer drugs: international implications. J Clin Oncol 2014; Nov 10;32(32): 3591-2.
Jarkowski A, Norris L, Trinh V. Controversies in the management of Advanced melanoma: “Gray areas amid the “Black and Blue”. Ann Pharmacother 2014; 48(11): 1456-68.
Bookstaver PB, Rokas KE, Norris LB, Edwards JM, Sherertz RJ. Stability and compatibility of antimicrobial lock solutions. Am J Health System Pharm 2013; 70(24): 2185-98.
Magwood JS, Lebby A, Chen B, Kessler S, Norris L, Bennett CL. Emerging drugs for treatment of anemia chronic kidney disease. Expert Opin Emerg Drugs. 2013 Dec;18(4):421-9.
Strassels SA, Dickson M, Norris LB, Benentt CL. Primary prophylaxis with hematopoietic colony stimulating factor: insights from a Canadian cost-effective analysis. J Natl Cancer Inst 2013; 2015(15): 1072 – 3.
Bennett CL, Djulbegovic B, Norris LB, Armitage JO. Colony-stimulating factors for febrile neutropenia during cancer therapy. N Engl J Med 2013; 368(12): 1131-9.
Miller AD, Norris LB, Bookstaver PB. Use of Wikis in Pharmacy Hybrid Elective Courses. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2012 June 29 [Epub ahead of print]
Bookstaver BB, Miller AD, Felder TM, Tice DL, Norris LB, Sutton SS. Assessing Pharmacy Residents’ Knowledge of Biostatistics and Research Study Design. Ann Pharmacotherapy. 2012 Jul;46(7-8):991-9.
Qureshi ZP, Norris LB, Sartor OA, McKoy JM, Armstrong J, Raisch DW, Garg V, Stafkey-Mailey D, Bennett CL. Caveat Oncologist: Clinical findings and consequences of distributing counterfeit erythropoietin in the United States. JOP Mar 1, 2012:84-90.
Raisch D, Campbell W, Garg V, Qureshi ZP, Bookstaver PB, Norris LB, Bennett CL. Description of Anaphylactic Reactions to Paclitaxel and Docetaxel Reported to the FDA, with a Focus on the Role of Premedication. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2011 Jul;10(4):521-8.
Bookstaver PB, Miller AD, Rudisill CR, Norris LB. Intravenous ibuprofen (Caldolor): The first injectable product for the treatment of pain and fever. Journal of Pain Research 2010; 3: 67-79.
Bookstaver PB, Norris LB, Rudisill C, DeWitt T, Aziz S, Fant J. Multiply toxic effects of low-dose methotrexate in the treatment of psoriasis. American Journal of Health Systems Pharmacist 2008; 65 (22): 2117-2121