COVID-19 Saliva Testing | General Public
The Diagnostic Genomics Lab's COVID-19 saliva test is quick, noninvasive and results can be shared within 48 hours after the sample is collected. No appointment or referral required.
Address: 1311 Pendleton Street, Columbia, SC 29208
Parking: Available in spaces 1-20 adjacent to the building. Please do not park in perimeter spaces. Metered parking is available nearby.
Cost: $70 per visit for general public. ($100 for same-day processing.) Payment by credit, debit or HSA card only. To save time at the testing site, pre-register and pre-pay for your test.
Before you arrive:
- Do not eat, drink, smoke or vape, brush your teeth or chew gum or mints for 30 minutes before testing.
- You may have clear water up until 10 minutes before testing. Hydrate well on your test day.
- Masks are required at the testing site.
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday:
Normal Hours Resume:
* Please check this page regularly as locations or times may change.
- Register: When directed by a staff monitor, you will approach the registration table and a collection
staff member will register you using your photo ID. The staff member will scan the
barcode on an empty sample test tube, attach a label with your information, and will
give the tube to you. Take a photograph of the barcode for your reference.
- Test Area: You may sit or stand, provided you are socially distanced apart from other people
who are testing. Chairs are provided or standing markers will be in place.
- Provide Sample: Collect naturally occurring saliva in your mouth and deposit it up to the 5 ml mark
of your barcoded test tube. (This is the equivalent of one teaspoon.) Bubbles do not
count towards your 5 ml of saliva.
- Close the Sample Tube Securely: When your clear saliva sample reaches the 5 ml mark, your saliva collection is complete.
Secure the test tube top on and proceed to the check out table.
- Check Out Table: Following safe social distancing guidelines and when space is available, show your
sample tube to a staffer for them to verify the 5 ml volume. Do not hand it to a staffer
but carefully place your sample tube into a rack on the table.
- Sanitize: Hand sanitizer will be provided to you before you leave.
- Results: You will receive an email with a secured link to test results within 48 hours.
Our saliva test has been validated in a high complexity CLIA-certified laboratory and submitted to the FDA for an emergency use authorization (EUA.) The sensitivity and specificity of this test >97.5% accurate.