Call for Abstracts
The purpose of Research and Scholarship Day is to provide a collegial and interactive environment that:
- Highlights how research enhances nursing practice;
- Stimulates student interest in research; and
- Showcases research and scholarship that advances nursing-related science.
This free event includes:
- Student and Community Partners Poster Sessions
- Keynote Address and Award Presentations
- Lunch and Networking Opportunities
- Student and Community Partners Oral Presentations
*It is highly recommended that students attend the abstract writing workshop on Friday, January 25th from 12 – 1 pm, and if accepted, the poster workshop on March 22nd from 12:30 – 1:30 pm. Both workshops are free.*
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstracts may be submitted January 16 – February 10 2019. Notice of acceptance will be sent to all applicants by Friday, March 8, 2019.
- Abstracts may be submitted by undergraduate or graduate students, post-docs, and community partners.
- Abstracts that have been accepted and/or presented at another meeting are encouraged.
- Abstracts may report on a completed research study; research study in progress; evidence based practice projects; and projects that demonstrate innovative changes in education, clinical practice, research, or leadership.
- Abstracts will be considered for poster and/or oral presentations.
- The student’s project mentor/advisor must review the abstract prior to submission. Mentors/advisors will be notified and asked to confirm their consent of the submission.
- Submissions must include:
b. Author(s) and contact information. Include all authors’ names, credentials and title, primary affiliation and email
c. Designated project mentor/advisor name, credentials, title and email address.
d. Indicate preference for poster versus oral presentation or both.
e. The structured abstract of 300 words or less should include:
Upload and submit abstracts no later than 11:59PM on February 10, 2019 by clicking here.
At least one author must be available to present the poster on the day of the event. Detailed poster and oral presentation instructions will be emailed upon acceptance.
Accepted abstracts will be considered for one of three awards:
1. Best Undergraduate Student Poster
2. Best Graduate Student Poster
3. Outstanding Clinical Partner Poster Award
Awardees will be recognized during the event with a certificate and a $100 cash award.