Cockcroft Schedule for the 2019 - 2020 Class
(The arrangement of content may vary depending on faculty).
Session I: March 27, 28, and 29, 2019
- Introduction and Orientation to the Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Fellowship
- Expectations of the Fellowship
- Introduction to the Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Assessment Tools and directions
- (DISC, 360, etc.)
- Transformational leadership and innovation in healthcare
- Professional and personal qualities of a leader, what does it take?
- Developing self-awareness as a leader
- Making the best use of the fellowship program
- Introduction of 2018-2019 Fellows
Session II: June 12-14, 2019
- Effective Presentations
- Successful Leadership through Greater Self-Awareness
Session III: September 25-27, 2019
- Amy V. Cockcroft Fellows Panel: Leah Ramos, MSN, RN, CCRN-K, NE-BC; Alicia Ribar, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC; Billy Wiggins, MSN, RN
- Lessons Learned during Leadership Journey by Jay Hamm, RN, COO, Prisma Health Midlands
- Understanding Leadership and Power: Moving to Critical Action and Impact
Session IV: January 15-17, 2020
- Project Presentation First Look, Tune Ups, Feedback and Revisions
- Impact of the Center for Nursing Leadership
- Conflict Management
Session V: March 18-20, 2020
- Bringing it all together
- Mental models how they influence the frame of systems analysis
- Achieving higher leverage with leadership
- Strategies for dealing with conflict within teams, committees, etc.
- Building successful collaborative interdisciplinary teams
- Final planning for Fellows' Presentations
- The 2020 Annual Leadership Summit is Friday, March 20, 2020
- Location: TBD
The Center for Nursing Leadership's Annual Leadership Summit is held annually, and features state and national speakers discussing current and emerging issues in leadership, nursing, and healthcare. The Summit is a full day conference and includes a graduation and awards ceremony and leadership presentations by the graduating class of the Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Fellowship.
Attendees include: Nurse leaders from a variety of settings, Deans and Directors, Nursing faculty, staff, alumni, students, current Amy V. Cockcroft Fellows and Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Fellowship alumni.
2020 Event Details
Cooperative Conference Center (formerly called Columbia Conference Center)
169 Laurelhurst Drive
Columbia, SC 29210
- Keynote Address
- Poster Abstracts
- The 2019-2020 Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Fellows Presentations
- The 2019-2020 Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Fellowship Graduation Ceremony and Awards
- Continuing Education: Contact hours awarded
- Learn More about the Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Fellowship here.