Shape the next generation
As a USC preceptor over a semester, you will share your knowledge and expertise by educating Nurse Practitioner students and provide learning opportunities within your current practice.
With the USC College of Nursing MSN programs being offered online, NP preceptors are needed across the country in a variety of clinical settings.
“I became a preceptor because I recognized the importance of giving back to the nursing community and the need to help fellow nurses grow & advance in their practice.”
Angela Dykes, USC Preceptor
Benefits of being a USC preceptor
- Verification of preceptor hours for ANCC or other certification agencies (many certification agencies offer CE credit for precepting)
- SC preceptor tax credit beginning in 2020
- Access to potential new UofSC College of Nursing-educated employees
- Access to seminars and training (some with CNE and ANCC credit)
- Eligibility for nomination to become a Non-Academic Non-Paid Affiliate appointment with the University of South Carolina College of Nursing
State Preceptor Tax Credit
Many states (including South Carolina) offer personal state income tax credits and deductions for prectors.
South Carolina Preceptor Tax Bill
SC State Senate Bill 314 provides personal state income tax credits and deductions for eligible clinicians in South Carolina who precept students on clinical rotations.
- For Assistance with tax credit forms and other paperwork, contact: Sherene Chavous at 803-777-7412
To register as a preceptor, or if you have questions contact
Jeanne U. Cavanaugh
803 – 777- 7128