This unique program provides the opportunity to gain education and experience as a direct-care provider of nursing in a variety of settings. Graduates will be eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX).
- Full-time plan of study, on-campus
- 76 total credits over 5 consecutive semesters
- In-person clinicals required in SC Midlands area
- Bachelor's Degree from a nationally accredited program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from previous undergraduate course work
- Three (3) letters of reference
- A personal goal statement that reflects MSN program outcomes
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
- GRE not required
- *Pre-requisite courses: Anatomy & Physiology 1 and 2 with lab (ex. BIOL 243, BIOL 243L, BIOL 244, BIOL 244L), Microbiology with Lab (ex. BIOL 250, BIOL 250L), Chemistry with Lab (ex CHEM 102, CHEM 102L or CHEM 111, CHEM111L, CHEM 112, and CHEM 112L) and Human Growth and Development (ex. PSYC 420)
*All pre-requisites must have been completed in the last 10 years with a C or greater grade. Please check with academic advisor regarding specific courses/timeframe.
Applications will open after the final South Carolina Board of Nursing approval in Fall 2020.
MSN program costs depend on several factors. Estimate your costs by visiting the university’s Bursar’s Office website.
Financial aid is available. To determine your eligibility, complete the FAFSA form on the university’s Financial Aid website. The College of Nursing also offers general scholarships and scholarships for graduate study. In addition, other scholarship and financial aid opportunities are available through The Graduate School and the university’s Financial Aid and Scholarships office.
*The MEPN program has been approved by South Carolina Commission on Higher Education (CHE) and is pending South Carolina Board of Nursing approval. Please contact the Office of Academic Affairs for additional information.