Pre-Nursing Lower Division
|Semester I - Fall||Semester II - Spring|
|*ENGL 101 (CMW)||3||*ENGL 102 (CMW)||3|
|*CHEM 102 (SCI)||4||*STAT 112 (ARP) & (INF)||3|
|*BIOL 243 (SCI)||3||*BIOL 244 (SCI)||3|
|*BIOL 243 L (SCI)||1||*BIOL 244 L (SCI)||1|
|*PSYCH 101 (GSS)||3||NURS 112||1|
|Elective #1 of MATH 111/MATH 111 (i)
(based on placement exam or credit earned)
|SOCY 101 Nursing Requirement||3|
In order to enroll in BIOL 250, BIOL250L, NURS 212 & NURS 216, students must earn
a 3.0 GPA in designated (*) courses and have no more than 1 science with a grade of
below “C”. Grade forgiveness will not be recognized in the GPA calculation. All designated
(*) courses from Semesters I, II & III must be successfully completed with a GPA of
3.0 and no more than one science or Pre-Nursing Lower Division nursing course grade
|Semester III - Fall
Upper Division application consideration requires successful completion of
designated (*) courses
|Semester IV - Spring|
|*BIOL 250 (SCI)||3||NURS 220||3|
|*BIOL 250 L (SCI)||1||HISTORY (GHS)||3|
|*NURS 212||2||FINE ART (AIU)||3|
|*NURS 216||3||BIOL 206 Nursing Requirement||3|
|STAT 205 (ARP)||3||PHIL 213 (CMS) & (VSR)||3|
|FORL 109 (based on placement or earned credit)||0-3||Elective #2 or FORL 110 (based on placement or credit earned)||3|
Criteria to apply for Nursing Upper Division: Enrollment in upper division is competitive and limited. The following criteria are used for admission consideration to the upper division nursing course sequence through a competitive selection process:
- A progression GPA (which consists of all designated (*) courses above) of 3.000 or higher.
- Institutional GPA of 3.000 or higher.
- Grade forgiveness will not be recognized in the GPA calculation.
- No more than 1 science course or pre-nursing lower division nursing course with a grade of below C.
- A grade of “C” or better is required in all designated (*) courses by the end of the term in which application is made to upper division.
- A completed Parallel Plan on file with your nursing advisor by the November application deadline.
- Completion of all designated (*) general education and pre-nursing lower division courses by the end of the term in which application is made to upper division.
An application must be submitted by the November deadline.
Nursing Upper Division
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|NURS 311||3||NURS 400||3|
|NURS 312 (124 Clinical Hours)||5||NURS 412 (102 Clinical Hours)||5|
|NURS 313||3||NURS 424 (56 Clinical Hours)||4|
|NURS 314||2||NURS 425 (56 Clinical Hours)||4|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|NURS 422 (103 Clinical Hours)||5||NURS 428||4|
|NURS 411 (111 Clinical Hours)||5||NURS 435 (275 Clinical Hours)||8|
|NURS 431 (30 Clinical Hours)||4||A minimum of 120 is required for degree completion|
RETENTION & PROGRESSION IN THE NURSING MAJOR
Admission to the baccalaureate degree in nursing major does not guarantee admission
to the upper division. Admission to the upper division is a competitive process and
the meeting of minimum admission criteria (GPA of 3.000) does not guarantee admission
to the upper division. Students who are not accepted to the upper division should
talk with their advisor regarding the feasibility of reapplication. If the student
chooses to reapply to the upper division, the student must submit a new application
for the next admission date and must compete with the new applicant group.