The College of Nursing strongly encourages you to identify and pursue any scholarship opportunities that will help you pay for your annual educational expenses. With the available scholarships, we hope to make the College of Nursing affordable for all students who wish to pursue a career in nursing.
The 2021-2022 departmental scholarship applications are closed.
The College of Nursing’s scholarship eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Applicants must be admitted to the College of Nursing or currently enrolled in the college.
- Applicants must meet academic requirement(s) as follows:
- freshmen: GPA of 3.0 and minimum SAT total score of 1000 or ACT composite score of 24
- continuing undergraduate students: Institutional and overall GPA of 3.0 and no below ‘C’ grade in a required nursing or science course
- transfer undergraduate students: GPA of 3.0 on coursework at previous institution(s) and no below ‘C’ grade in a required nursing or science course
- new graduate students: Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 at previous institution(s)
- continuing graduate students: Graduate GPA of 3.0 and no below ‘B’ grades
- transfer graduate students: Undergraduate and Graduate GPA of 3.0 at previous institution(s) and no below ‘B’ graduate grades.
Priority for scholarship consideration will be given to graduate students who are enrolled full time (at least nine credit hours per semester).
If you have any questions about the application process, contact the Office of Academic Affairs at 803-777-3780.