Celebrate with us!
Don't forget to register for these once-in-a-lifetime Centennial events by Sept. 24!
- 8 a.m. James K. Copenhaver Band Scholarship Memorial Golf Tournament - 200 Indian River Drive, West Columbia 29170
- 5 p.m. Carolina Band Friday Night on the Bridge - 326 Sumter Street, Columbia 29208
- 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Optional early check-in for Alumni Marching Band - 326 Sumter Street, Columbia 29208
- 7 - 10 p.m. Carolina Band Rewind - Swamp Cabbage Brewery - 921 Brookwood Drive, Columbia 29201
- Time TBA Alumni Marching Band Check-in - The Jerri and Steve Spurrier Indoor Practice Facility - 20 National Guard Road, Columbia 29208
- Time TBA Rehearsal with the Carolina Band, followed by lunch, Team Walk and Gamecock Park Pep Rally
- Time TBA UofSC vs. Vanderbilt - Go Cocks!
- 1 p.m. Alumni Concert Band dress rehearsal - Koger Center - 1051 Greene Street, Columbia 29201
- 3 p.m. Concert - reception to follow - Koger Center - 1051 Greene Street, Columbia 29201
Ways to give
We hope to plan band travel to exhibition performances, such as the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, allowing for national and international exposure. These trips would serve as both a recruitment tool and point of pride for the School of Music and UofSC.
An invitation to perform at the prestigious Midwest Band and Orchestra Clinic in Chicago would represent the very top level of success for our concert band program.
For the Carolina Band, an appearance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade would be one of the band's most high-profile performances of all time.
Give now to the Travel Fund
Replacing damaged or old instruments creates uniformity of sound and visual presentation. A recent expample is $155,000 to replace 19 sousanphones (marching tubas).
Give now to the Instrument Fund
Visual branding gives existing facilities a facelift that adds excitement and builds pride in the 100-year tradition of the UofSC Band program.
- Increased visual appeal for the Copenhaver Band Hall, especially in high traffic and high visibility areas such as the band tower, lounge area, and building exterior.
- A building that communicates the Carolina Band's excitement, pride, and 100 years of excellence.
Give now to the Facilities Fund
A sound financial plan for the Carolina Band program protects our vision for UofSC band students of the future.
Give now to the Legacy Fund