Inclusive Excellence Certification
The Inclusive Excellence Certification for Business Student Organizations is a two year certification that aims at supporting student organizations in their journey towards inclusiveness. The certification will help student leaders to create a strategic inclusiveness plan for their organizations, identify internal biases and create accountability processes to improve the climate within their organization and move their mission forward.
The certification can be pursued over two semesters and students organizations will be required to issue a D&I report at the end of each academic year.
Diversity and Inclusion Resources
- UofSC Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Multicultural Student Affairs
- The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs is a division of the Department of Student Life that educates, empowers and organizes students, campus and community partners to create opportunities for multicultural education, self-awareness, advocacy, cultural understanding and social justice.
- Minority Research Opportunities
- The Office of the Vice President for Research contributes to the diversity of the University of South Carolina's campuses by helping to recruit and support under-represented minority faculty and students.
- Office of Equal Opportunity Programs
- The Office of Equal Opportunity Programs was created to ensure that applicants for employment, employees, and prospective and enrolled students of the University of South Carolina are protected against discrimination.
- International Students Services
- International Student Services is here to help you understand and make the most of your immigration status in the United States.
- Veterans Services
- Safe Zone Program
- Safe Zone is a campus-wide program designed to visibly identify students, staff and faculty who support the LGBTQ population, understand some of the issues facing LGBTQ individuals, and are aware of the various LGBTQ resources. The site includes a directory of certified Safe Zone Allies.
- Download Corporate Equality Index 2016: Rating American Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality.
- Download LGBT Diversity: Show Me the Business Case.
- LGBT Peer Advocates
- LGBT Peer Advocates are a mixed group of UofSC undergraduate and graduate students who serve as representatives and ambassadors for the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs.
Student Health Resources
- Student Health Services
- Student Health Services provide a holistic approach to health through comprehensive primary health care, disease prevention and wellness programs and mental health and violence prevention services.
- Counseling & Psychiatry
- Counseling & Psychiatry provide students a safe place to speak privately and confidentially with a trained counselor or psychiatrist about a variety of concerns.
- Student Disability Services
- The Office of Student Disability Services serves students and the larger university community with disabilities and temporary injuries in managing the varying demands of the university experience.
- Diversity and Inclusivity in the classroom
- The university’s Center for Teaching Excellence provides workshops and resources to help faculty reach all of their students — whatever their background or experiences — to create a classroom environment that is inclusive and welcoming to all.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.