Robert (Bob) C. Lipe
Faculty Director, Professional MBA Program
|Department:||School of Accounting
Darla Moore School of Business
|Office:||Darla Moore School of Business, Room 430|
|Resources:||Curriculum Vitae [pdf]|
Robert Lipe joined the faculty at the University of South Carolina in the fall of 2013. He previously served as a Research Fellow at the FASB, an Academic Fellow at the SEC and a faculty member at the University of Oklahoma, University of Colorado and University of Michigan. Lipe’s teaching responsibilities include master's classes in financial and managerial accounting. Lipe is a past editor of Accounting Horizons and has served the AAA in many capacities.
His research focuses on financial reporting with emphasis on accounting policy issues.
- "Lease Accounting Research and the G4+1 Proposal," Accounting Horizons, September 2001.
- "Fair Valuing Debt Turns Deteriorating Credit Quality into Positive Signals for Boston Chicken," Accounting Horizons, June 2002.
- "Frequently Asked Questions of a New Editor," Accounting Horizons, March 2004.
- Ph.D., Accounting and Economics, University of Chicago, 1985
- MBA, University of Chicago, 1981
- B.A., Accounting, North Carolina State University, 1979