|Title:||Business Partnership Foundation Research Fellow
Professor of Marketing
|Department:||Department of Marketing
Darla Moore School of Business
|Office:||Darla Moore School of Business, Room 494|
|Resources:||Curriculum Vitae [pdf]|
Ram Janakiraman is currently professor of marketing and a Business Partnership Foundation Research Fellow at the Darla Moore School of Business. Janakiraman has a Ph.D. in Business Administration (Marketing) from the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles.
Janakiraman's teaching interests lie in the intersection of quantitative techniques and marketing applications such as marketing analytics, database marketing, pricing analytics and marketing research. Janakiraman currently teaches graduate level courses of marketing analytics and pricing and data intelligence. Prior to joining USC, Janakiraman was on the faculty at the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University.
Professional website: Business Analytics Lens
Janakiraman's research interests are primarily in the domain of econometric modeling of firm and consumer decision-making. His research encompasses digital marketing, multichannel retailing, social media marketing analytics, big data issues, health care and public policy. His research is forthcoming or has appeared in “UT-Dallas” journals such as Marketing Science, Management Science, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Information System Research, Production and Operations Management, business journals such as Journal of Consumer Psychology, Decision Sciences, Journal of Management, Journal of Business Venturing and medical journals such as Annals of Family Medicine.
His research interests include consumer learning/structural models, applied econometric models, social and digital media, multichannel retailing, big data issues and health/health care marketing.
- Mallipeddi, Rakesh, Ramkumar Janakiraman, Subodha Kumar and Seema Gupta,
“The Effects of Social Media Tone on Engagement: Evidence from Indian General Election 2014,” Information Systems Research, (forthcoming), Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2980481.
- Kistler, Justin, Ramkumar Janakiraman, Subodha Kumar and Vikram Tiwari, “The Effect of Operational Process Changes on Preoperative Patient Flow: Evidence from Field Research,” Production and Operations Management, (forthcoming).
- Lim Joon Ho, Rishika Rishika, Ramkumar Janakiraman and P.K. Kannan (2020), “Competitive Effects of Front-of-Package Nutrition Labeling Adoption on Nutritional Quality: Evidence from Facts Up Front–Style Labels,” Journal of Marketing, 84(6), 3-21 (Lead Article).
- Yli-Renko, Helena, Lien Denoo and Ramkumar Janakiraman (2020), “A Knowledge-Based View of Managing Dependence on a Key Customer: Survival and Growth Outcomes for Young Firms,” Journal of Business Venturing, 35(6), 106045.
- Janakiraman, Ramkumar, Lim, Joon Ho and Rishika Rishika, (2018), “The Effect of Data Breach Announcement on Customer Behavior: Evidence from a Multichannel Retailer,” Journal of Marketing, 82(2), 85-105.
- Park, Eunho, Rishika Rishika, Ramkumar Janakiraman, Mark Houston and Byungjoon Yoo (2018), “Social Dollars in Online Communities: The Effect of Product, User and Network Characteristics,” Journal of Marketing, 82 (1), 93-114.
- Mukherji, Prokriti, Ramkumar Janakiraman, Shantanu Dutta and Surendra Rajiv (2017), “How Direct-to-Consumer Advertising for Prescription Drugs Affects Consumers' Welfare: A Natural Experiment Tests the Impact of FDA Legislation,” Journal of Advertising Research, 57(1), 94-108.
- Kumar, Ashish, Rishika Rishika, Ram Bezawada, Ramkumar Janakiraman and P.K. Kannan, "From Social to Sale: The Effects of Firm Generated Content in Social Media on Customer Behavior," (2016), Journal of Marketing, 80 (1), 7-25 (Lead Article).
- Substantive: Digital/Social Media, Multichannel Marketing Innovation, Big Data in Marketing, Retailing, Health/Health Care Marketing, Marketing and Public Policy
- Methodological: Structural Learning models, Consumer choice models, Applied econometrics
- Marketing Analytics, Pricing Analytics, Consumer Relationship Management, Marketing Research, Database Marketing, Doctoral seminars in Marketing
- Ph.D. in Business Administration, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 2006
- M.S. in Materials Science and Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- B. Tech in Metallurgical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU)