What Sets Us Apart
Our four-decade-long commitment to international business education enables us to offer great depth and breadth in advancing our students' understanding of the complex opportunities and risks inherent in business globally. We take great pride in developing such internationally adroit business leaders here at the Moore School.
The secret to the Moore School’s undergraduate international business success includes:
- A selective admissions process with a maximum annual enrollment of 160.
- Advanced foreign language training.
- A semester studying abroad at one of more than 30 of the world's top business schools.
- A comprehensive international business curriculum of functional, regional and thematic global business courses.
- An opportunity to participate in cohort programs in which students divide their studies between the Moore School and one of several partner universities.
- The experience of developing business and expansion plans for actual business.
This continued leadership in international business education is a tribute to faculty and staff who are dedicated to an innovative, responsive curriculum and programming that exceeds expectations for our students, our partners in the business community and our alumni. It reflects our commitment to produce future leaders in global business and to fuel economic development and prosperity locally and globally.
International Business at the Moore School
- Explores business activities that occur between people or organizations
from different countries and cultures.
- Is highly selective — South Carolina Honors College students may select
and gain immediate admission to the Classic IB track. The small number
of remaining openings will be filled through a highly competitive
- All students must apply for the cohort tracks.
- Requires at least one semester of study abroad.
- Requires students to develop business fluency in a foreign language.
- Is designed to be completed along with a second business major that
develops specific functional skills.
Two tracks offered:
- Classic IB major — A comprehensive international business education
at the Moore School plus at least one semester abroad at one of our
more than 50 elite partner universities
- International Business cohort programs — Moore School students form a
cohort with students from elite partner universities in the Middle
East, Asia, Europe or Latin America. The cohort remains together for
a minimum of two years and divides its time between USC and the
partner schools. Students spend up to two years abroad.
This major is a good fit if you:
- Desire to develop your global mindset and the competencies necessary
for career progression to the highest levels of management.
- Are interested in understanding how global competitive dynamics
influence industries and companies throughout the world.
- Are willing to confront situations and problems often characterized
by complexity, ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Have an interest in living and working abroad.
- Are interested in or already have exposure to other languages and cultures.
Why should you enroll?
- International business majors find work overseas or with multinational
companies in the United States in a range of functional areas such as
consulting, accounting, finance, marketing, purchasing, production
- The Moore School’s undergraduate international business program is
ranked No. 1 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.