Accounting majors at the Darla Moore School of Business develop the ability to analyze
and solve fiscal problems and find work in nearly every industry sector. When you
choose to major in accounting you can look forward to an exciting, intensive course
of study and a head start on a career.
As an accounting student, you can take advantage of a mentoring program that pairs
you with practicing accountants, and our winter internship program provides extensive
hands-on experience that leads to job offers for nearly all participants. A degree in
accounting can lead to careers in public or private accounting, budget planning, tax
accounting or auditing. Thanks to our generous alumni and corporate partners, some
accounting-specific scholarships are available.
- Develops your ability to analyze and solve financial problems
- Offers a mentoring program that pairs interested students with
- Leads to careers in public or private accounting, budget planning,
tax accounting or auditing
This major is a good fit if you...
- Want to understand business as a whole, not just in pieces
- Are good at using information, especially numbers, to solve problems
- Seek a profession that is always in high demand
Why should you enroll?
- Accountants can find work in nearly every industry sector.
- The School of Accounting maintains strong ties with the
accounting community, which create valuable professional
opportunities for our students.
- Our winter internship program provides extensive hands-on experience
and leads to job offers for almost 100 percent of participants.