Program Description: The SOARinG Program will serve as the centralized program for UofSCSOMG medical student research experience with faculty mentors across the Prisma Health Sciences Center (UofSC, Clemson, Furman and Prisma Health Upstate). The program will match M1 students with mentored research projects to take place in the summer between their M1 and M2 years (6-8 weeks). A seminar series and journal club are components of the program and will run throughout the summer culminating in the UofSCSOMG Annual Medical Student Research Symposium. Students are required to submit an abstract for presentation as a poster or oral talk at the Symposium.
- SOARinG Application is now open. This application is due by February 24th.
- Finalize SOARinG research mentors and associated project availability
- Research Mentor Student Recruitment Form
- Seminar Series: February 15th at 12:00 pm
- SOARinG Application for SOMG students due on February 24th
- Research Mentor Interest Form due end of February
- Notification of research mentor-mentee matches by March 31st
- Application for SOMG paid stipends opens
- Journal Club begins virtually
- Abstract submission for UofSCSOMG Annual Medical Student Research Symposium
- UofSCSOMG Annual Medical Student Research Symposium will be held on July 14th