Skip to Content

Coronavirus: Get complete details about the university's response to COVID-19.

My School of Medicine


We often receive questions regarding the Financial Aid process. Below are responses to our most frequently asked questions. 

Once I complete the Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) online, how long will it take for USC to receive the results?
Depending on the time of year, it will take approximately 2-4 weeks to process and forward the results to the USC Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.

When will I receive my financial aid?
If you met the deadline for applying and have sent in all required follow-up information, disbursement will be made each term around the first week of class (half at Fall registration, the remainder at Spring registration).

What are the priority deadlines for receiving financial aid?
The priority deadline for USC to receive the results of your Federal Application is April 1st. To assure meeting the deadline, we recommend that students file the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1 or, no later than, March 1.

Can I receive financial aid if I don't meet priority deadlines?
Yes, but you may not be considered for some programs with limited funding.

How does the Financial Aid Office determine my application date?
Your application date is the date the results of your FAFSA and any required additional information are received in the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships. Your information is received from the Federal Processor by electronic data exchange.

How do I know which items on the Student Aid Report (SAR) should be corrected?
Upon receiving the SAR, you should carefully review the data shown. This information is what you listed on your FAFSA and you should be able to determine if an error was made. If corrections are necessary, contact the Assistant Director of Student and Career Services in the Office of Student and Career Services. Do not send corrections to the Federal Processor until you have spoken to the Assistant Director of Student Services.

Why must I provide my parents’ financial information to apply for a Primary Care Loan, Loan and Grant programs and other DHHS programs if I am self-supporting?
This is a requirement of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, which administers the health professions program.

How do I find out if I qualify for in-state resident or non-resident tuition?
You should contact the USC Residency Office at 518 Main Street, suite 131-B on the main campus 777-4060, or call Office of Student and Career Services at 216-3630.

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.