Major: Nurse Anesthesia
Degree: Doctor of Nursing Practice-Nurse Anesthesia
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Application Deadline: August 1 (application portal will open May 1)
- A Bachelor in Nursing (an Associate Degree Nursing with a Bachelor of Science degree in a basic science qualify for admission if prerequisite courses in Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology and Chemistry are completed) from an accredited college or university.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale is needed to be competitive. Competency-based nursing programs where curriculum does not generate a GPA will not qualify applicants for admission.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in one of the 50 states; South Carolina licensure is required by matriculation if licensure is not a part of the Nurse Licensure Compact.
- A Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score of at least 300 is needed to be competitive.
- Official Transcripts
- A minimum of one year (full-time) critical care nursing experience prior to the acceptance. Current, ongoing intensive care unit experience is preferred (emergency room experience does not meet the ICU requirement).
- Letters of recommendation from two healthcare professionals who have supervised your clinical experience.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Personal Interview with the Admissions Committee (select candidates)
Applications Accepted for These Semesters
Summer Semester (To Matriculate in May)