Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Adjunct Faculty, Mechanical Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
300 Main Street
Columbia, SC 29208
Dr. Tarbutton’s research interests are in advanced manufacturing, automated machining, tool path planning, parallel hardware acceleration, optimization, mechatronics, control systems, system identification, and signal processing.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, 2011
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, 2007
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 2005
- Ellis, J.D., S.G. Gillmer, C. Wang, R. Smith, S.C. Woody, J.A. Tarbutton (2012), "Fiber-coupled 3-DOF Interferometer for EUV Lithography Stage Metrology", Proceedings of the ASPE Summer Topical Meeting – Precision Engineering and Mechatronics Supporting the Semiconductor Industry – June 24-26, 2012, Berkeley, CA, USA
- Tarbutton, J., T.R. Kurfess, and T.M. Tucker (2010), "Graphics Based Path Planning for Multi-Axis Machine Tools". CAD and Applications, Vol 6 (7), pp. 835-845.
- Mangel, A.R., S.M. Moysey, J.C. Ryan, and J.A. Tarbutton, "Automated multi-offset ground penetrating radar data collection for monitoring lab-scale infiltration experiments", SEG Expanded Abstracts, 29, 3774, doi:10.1190/1.3513635, 2010.
- Tarbutton, J., T.R. Kurfess, and T.M. Tucker (2010), "Machining by Ray Casting into voxel models". 2010 International Symposium on Flexible Automation. Tokyo, Japan July 12-14, 2010 UPL-2503.
- Qaroush, Y., M. F. Daqaq, R. Saeidpourazar, J. Tarbutton, and N. Jalili, (2009) "Feedback Delays for Vibration Mitigation and External Disturbance Rejection at the Microscale". 50th IAA/ASME/ASCE /AHS /ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference. 4-8 May, 2009.
- Limroth, J., J. Tarbutton, and T. R. Kurfess (2008), "Review of recent patents relating to graphical embedded programming." Recent Patents on Electrical Engineering, Vol. 1, pp. 155-163.
- Tarbutton, J., and T. R. Kurfess (2008). "Modeling and system identification of a high precision measurement machine." International Journal of Manufacturing, Vol 3, pp. 198-215.
- Tarbutton, J., and T. R. Kurfess (2008) "Auto-tuning of a high precision measurement machine" 2008 Transactions of the NARMI, pp. 121-128.