Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Research Assistant Professor
|Department:||Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering and Computing
300 Main Street, Room C115
Dr. Samadi’s research involves collaborative and cross-disciplinary projects that lie in the fields of rainfall and flood computational modeling and forecasting, the impact of rainfall and flooding on critical infrastructure, uncertainty and optimization methods for catchment modeling, Big Data analytics, and Geographic Information System/Remote Sensing. In particular, her academic research focuses on Bayesian techniques to establish a precise mathematical framework for dimensional reduction in rainfall-runoff simulation. Dr. Samadi’s industry research interest focuses on developing Web GIS tools and Web Applications. Research sponsors include the National Science Foundation, Savannah River National Lab, South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium, South Carolina Department of Transportation, etc. Dr. Samadi is a member of International Environmental Modelling & Software Society (IEMSS), the American Geophysical Union (AGU), and the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)- the Environmental & Water Resources Institute (EWRI).
- Research Associate - Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of South Carolina, USA.
- Research Associate - Carolinas Integrated Sciences and Assessments (CISA; NOAA funded research center), University of South Carolina, USA.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Visiting Academic-Hydro-environmental Research Center (HRC), School of Engineering, Cardiff University, United Kingdom.
Awards and Honors
- 2017 Advanced Support for Innovative Research Excellence-I (ASPIRE-I) Award, University of South Carolina.
- 2016 Outstanding Reviewer, ASCE Hydrologic Engineering
- 2002 Outstanding Graduate Student Award, University of Tehran, Iran.
- 2000 2nd Rank, nationwide M.Sc. competition in Water Resources, Iranian Ministry of Science and Research.