Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
- Modeling and Simulation methods for multi-physics, multi-domain systems
- Control and Estimation methods for power systems applications
- 2005: Politecnico di Milano (Italy) Electrical Engineering B.S.
- 2008: Politecnico di Milano (Italy) Electrical Engineering M.S.
- 2013: RWTH-Aachen University (Germany) Electrical Engineering Ph.D.
- A. Benigni, A. Monti, R. Dougal "Latency Based Approach to the Simulation of Large Power Electronics Systems" IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Volume: 29, Issue: 6, 2014, Page(s): 3201-3213
- C. Molitor, A. Benigni, A. Helmedag, K. Chen, D. Cali, P. Jahangiri, D. Müller, A. Monti; "Multi-Physics Test Bed for Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Homes," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Volume: 60, Issue: 3, 2013, Page(s): 1235–1248
- A. Benigni, F. Ponci, A. Monti; "Towards an Uncertainty-based Model Level Selection for the Simulation of Complex Power Systems" IEEE System Journal, Volume: 6, Issue: 3, 2012, Page(s): 564–574.
- Lixia, M.; Benigni, A.; Flammini, A.; Muscas, C.; Ponci, F.; Monti, A. "A Software-Only PTP Synchronization for Power System State Estimation With PMUs" IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Volume: 61, Issue: 5 Publication Year: 2012 , Page(s): 1476-1485
- J. Liu, A. Benigni, D. Obradovic, S. Hirche, A. Monti; "State Estimation and Branch Current Learning using Independent Local Kalman Filter with Virtual Disturbance Model", IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol.60, no.9, Sept. 2011, pp.3026-3034
- A. Benigni, J. Liu, F. Ponci, A. Monti, G. Pisano, S. Sulis "Decoupling Power System State Estimation by Means of Stochastic Collocation" IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement: Volume 60, Issue 5, 2011 Page: 1623-1632
- A. Benigni, G. D'Antona, U. Ghisla, A. Monti, F. Ponci "A Decentralized Observer for Ship Power System Applications: Implementation and Experimental Validation" IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement: Volume 59, Issue 2, 2010 Page: 440-449