Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Affiliate Professor, Electrical Engineering
Professor, Aachen University, Germany
|College of Engineering and Computing|
- Modeling and Simulation methods for multi-physics, multi-domain systems
- Control and Estimation methods for power systems applications
- 2005: Politecnico di Milano (Italy) Electrical Engineering B.S.
- 2008: Politecnico di Milano (Italy) Electrical Engineering M.S.
- 2013: RWTH-Aachen University (Germany) Electrical Engineering Ph.D.
- M. Milton, A. Benigni “Latency Insertion Method Based Real-Time Simulation of Power Electronic Systems” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Early Access
- M. Milton, A. Benigni, J. Bakos “System-Level, FPGA-Based, Real-Time Simulation of Ship Power Systems” IEEE Transaction on Energy Conversion, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 737-747, 2017
- D. Carta, A. Benigni, C. Muscas “Model Order Reduction for PMU-Based State Estimation in Distribution Grids” IEEE System Journal (Early access)
- L. E. Holloway, Z. Qu, M. Mohr-Schroeder, J. C. Balda, A. Benigni, D. Colliver, P. Dolloff, R. Dougal, O. Faruque, Z. Fei, Y. Liao, R. A. McCann, R. Mark Nelms, A. Vosoughi, V. Singh, Q. Zhou “A Multi-Institutional Approach to Delivering Shared Curricula for Developing a Next-Generation Energy Workforce" IEEE Access, Vol. 5, pp. 1416-1427, 2017.
- M. Ferdowsi, A. Benigni, A. Lowen, B. Zargar, A. Monti, F. Ponci “A Scalable Data-Driven Monitoring Approach for Distribution Systems” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 64, No. 5, pp.1300-1313, 2015
- A. Benigni. A. Monti “A Parallel Approach to Real-Time Simulation of Power Electronics Systems” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 30, No. 9, pp. 5192-5206, 2015.
- M. Difronzo, M. Milton, M. Davidson, A.Benigni "Hardware-in-the-loop testing of high switching frequency power electronics converters" 2017 IEEE Electric Ship Technologies Symposium (ESTS), Pages: 299 – 304
- K. Schoder; M. Stanovich; T. Vu; H. Vahedi; C. Edrington; M. Steurer; H. Ginn; A. Benigni; C. Nwankpa; K. Miu; F. Ferrese “Evaluation framework for power and energy management shipboard distribution controls”, 2017 IEEE Electric Ship Technologies Symposium (ESTS), Pages: 388 - 393
- M. Davidson; H. D. Abbood; A. Benigni “Power Hardware in the Loop testing of a PV micro-inverter” IEEE 6th International Conference on Clean Electrical Power (ICCEP), pp. 145-151, 2017
- M. Strothers, A. Benigni “Testing of a Decentralized Voltage Controller for Distribution Grids” IEEE 6th International Conference on Clean Electrical Power (ICCEP), pp. 732-737, 2017
- M. Milton, A. Benigni “FPGA-based Real-Time LIM Simulation of Switching Power Converters” Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON), pp. 6711–6716, 2016
- Y. Chen, M. Strothers, A. Benigni “Day-ahead Optimal Scheduling of PV Inverters and OLTC in Distribution Feeders” IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, pp.1-5, 2016
- Y. Chen, M. Strothers, A. Benigni “A Stochastic Approach to Optimum Placement of Photovoltaic Generation in Distribution Feeder” IEEE Clemson University Power Systems Conference (PSC), pp.1-7, 2016