Vision and Goals
Our vision is to create an academic environment where all members of the College of Engineering and Computing community are able to fully realize their potential. The College of Engineering and Computing aims be nationally recognized as a transformative and inclusive academic institute.
Our goals include:
- Gain regional and national recognition of CEC as a leader in diversity efforts.
- Develop an inclusive academic environment where discrimination and bias against any of the members of our community is not tolerated.
- Increase the representation of underrepresented and underserved minorities and women in undergraduate and graduate CEC programs.
- Increase the representation of underrepresented and underserved minorities and women
in academic and administrative positions.
Related Student Organizations
Many of the college's student organizations offer professional development and fellowship opportunities for minority and underrepresented students, including:
- Alpha Omega Epsilon
- First Generation Students in the College of Engineering and Computing
- Minorities in Computing
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Society of Women Engineers
- Women in Computing
Resources for Faculty and Staff