- All candidates must complete and submit the CarolinaLIFE application packet [pdf] by December 1st to be considered for the subsequent fall semester.
- The CarolinaLIFE admissions team will review all application files.
- The CarolinaLIFE admissions team will invite select candidates to interview.
- The CarolinaLIFE admissions team will notify candidates about acceptance into the program by the end of April.
The CarolinaLIFE admissions process is selective. Meeting the basic requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Display an interest in pursuing educational, employment, and life experiences through postsecondary education
- Desire to learn and participate in inclusive classroom and work settings
- Be at least 18 years old and have completed high school
- Have a documented cognitive disability
- Demonstrate basic safety skills
- Follow a schedule with minimal support
- Communicate wants, desires, and needs
How to Apply
Step 1: Download and print the CarolinaLIFE application packet [pdf]
Step 2: Complete the written portion of the application and collect all required documents.
Step 3: Mail application and required documents by December 1st to:
Attn: Tony Plotner
235 Wardlaw – College of Education
820 Main Street
Columbia, SC 29208
Sending your materials directly to the University of South Carolina rather than our program office will delay the admission process. We cannot guarantee that any applications received by our office after the deadline will be considered. We will keep application information on file in the event that there are remaining spaces for admission.