To apply for the AACTE Holmes Awards or Noyce Scholarships for Secondary Science and Mathematics Education, do not use this application. Follow instructions listed with those scholarships. Also, do not use this application to apply for scholarships for incoming freshmen.
For all other awards, follow the instructions below.
Carefully read all the information below before proceeding to the application. You should have the following before you start your online application:
- Statement of Intent: Complete a statement of intent (2,500 character limit), stating your professional goals and interests. Include how earning your degree will help you reach your goals and how receiving a scholarship will assist you in your endeavors. You will be asked to type or paste this into your application.
- Resume: You will need to attach a .pdf of your resume.
- Copy of transcript: Obtain a copy of your college transcript. An unofficial copy is acceptable for this process. For current USC students, here are instructions for getting a copy of your transcript:
- Sign into Self Service Carolina.
- Click on the "Student" tab.
- Click on "Student Records."
- Click on "Academic Transcript."
- Click on Submit to view your transcript.
- Create a pdf copy of your transcript. See PDF printing instructions below.
- Recommendations: Obtain two letters of recommendation (USC faculty preferred) that address your qualifications academically and professionally. (High school applicants may submit recommendations from teachers.) You will be asked to attach a pdf of your recommendations.
- Supporting Document: You will have the option to attach an additional supporting document in pdf format that may assist the committee in making its decision.
All materials must be submitted electronically before 5 p.m. on March 8, 2019.
You should be prepared to complete and attach all documents before proceeding to the application. You will not be able to save your application as you work through it. Be sure to have all information you need before you begin. Once you enter the application site, you will be prompted to select the scholarship for which you are applying. Submit a new application for each scholarship that you wish to apply for.
NOTE: PDF printing functionality is built into Mac OS printing options, and you should
be able to choose "Save as PDF" in Word on Windows. If neither of those options are
available, Windows users can view download/installation instructions [pdf] for a free PDF writer.
If you have any questions during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2019-2020 Scholarship Deadline has passed.