The Center for Innovation in Higher Education serves as the hub of transformative ideas, research, and services that reshape education to be socially responsible and equitable for all citizens. The center is comprised of an interdisciplinary group of faculty members and research personnel with complementary interests in education and university-community partnerships. A major emphasis of the Executive Director’s responsibilities will be to work to create change, spread knowledge, and improve opportunities for students, faculty and the community. This is a full-time 9-month faculty position.
Required Education and Experience
A successful candidate must have the following:
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution in higher education administration or a closely related field
- Experience and interest teaching classes in higher education;
- A record of scholarship that warrants a tenured faculty appointment as a full professor;
- A record of high-quality publications, e.g. peer-reviewed journal articles, edited works, or books (with university presses or top-tiered publishing houses);
- Experience and success in obtaining external funding;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- A desire to lead a team-based, dynamic center.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate:
- Evidence of interdisciplinary approach to research;
- Experience leading academic, research, and grant-seeking initiatives;
- International reputation and internationally recognized research agenda focused on education and leadership related to social or public policy;
- Experience or potential leading teams in a research environment;
- Evidence of being a visionary leader who is not afraid to disrupt the status quo;
- Evidence of community engagement and building partnerships.
Application materials accepted online include:
- a letter of application,
- a current curriculum vita,
- a list of at least three professional references to include e-mail addresses and phone numbers,
- a copy of unofficial academic transcript for all degrees earned (official copies will be required of finalists)
- two sample publications or pieces of scholarly work (upload as one PDF document under Supporting Documents tab) and
- a successful external grant application.
PLEASE NOTE: The submission of three letters of recommendation from references will be required for all finalists.
Review of completed applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information on the Center for Innovation in Higher Education, please visit their website.