Announcement Release Date: October, 2017
Application Receipt Date: Open deadline from November 15 to 5 p.m. March 1st.
Award Announcement: Within six weeks of receipt
Awards will be up to $2,000 and applicants may request a project period of up to 18 months. Funds are earmarked for the fiscal year in which the project is awarded. Approved projects must be completed during that fiscal year unless otherwise noted and approved by the committee.
Eligible applicants include all tenured, tenure-track and clinical faculty members.
1. Develop a one to two page proposal that addresses the following items:
- Justification of the need for the technology equipment including descriptions of the instruction and/or research being supported with the requested equipment, and how and by whom the equipment will be used.
- Description of the educational instruction or research benefits if this proposal is funded.
- Detailed budget listing total technology equipment cost.
2. Attach the following supportive documentation to the end of the proposal packet:
- Technology equipment specifications, descriptions and vendor cost quotes.
- A table/list of all the faculty users of the proposed technology equipment.
- Include a statement of support from the applicant’s Department Chair. If the Department is providing matching funds, this statement should include that figure.
- A statement suggesting where the technology equipment would be permanently located within the College. All equipment purchased with a Technology Grant will be permanently incorporated into the College of Education after the completion of your project, but you may suggest a specific location for the equipment such as within your Department or within the College of Education’s Faculty Equipment Check-Out System.
3. Electronically submit the completed proposal packet to Rebecca Wessinger at RINEHARR@mailbox.sc.edu to express interest.
Applications that are complete will be evaluated for merit by either the Ad Hoc Committee on Research for proposals inclusive of a research component or the Faculty Welfare Committee for proposals focused on instruction. Awards will be announced within six weeks of receipt of the application.