The art education program at the University of South Carolina will prepare you to teach
art and visual culture in various settings that include K-12 classrooms, community
art programs and museums.
- The Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Art Education is for students seeking certification to teach art in a K-12 setting.
- The Master of Arts in Teaching is for students who are seeking their certification to teach art in a K-12 setting
after having already received a bachelor’s degree in something else.
- The Master of Arts and Interdisciplinary Master of Arts degrees are for students who are already certified to teach but wish to pursue an
Application Requirements for the IMA, MAT, and MA programs:
- Application for Graduate School with fee
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- All official transcripts from colleges/universities attended
- Diagnostic Questionnaire
- Teaching Certificate (IMA and MA Only)
- Official GRE or MAT test scores
- Official TOEFL scores (International Students Only)
- Portfolio (20 images of recent work)
- Assistantship Application (Optional)
Spring enrollment: November 1
Fall enrollment: March 1