As the Carolinian Creed obligates me to respect the dignity of all persons, respect the rights of others, and demonstrate concern for others,
I, as a student, staff, or faculty member of the University of South Carolina Salkehatchie, pledge to do my part to respect the health and safety of my fellow citizens, and to help keep my campus and my community in good health.
I understand that I play a key role in the fight against COVID-19, and I pledge to be a part of the solution by taking responsible actions when among my fellow members of our campus and community. To do so, I will
- Follow public health guidelines in place to protect myself and others, both on and off campus.
- Practice physical distancing when possible, and protect myself and others in high-traffic areas or in settings where physical distancing is not possible.
- Adhere to guidelines for face coverings and keep my hands clean and sanitized on campus and throughout the community.
- Self-monitor my health status to determine whether it is appropriate for me to be in class, at work, or on campus. If I become ill or discover I have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, I will follow accepted CDC guidelines for isolation or quarantine.
- Adhere to capacity limits in social situations on campus and throughout the community to prevent high-spread scenarios.
- Modify my actions and encourage others to do the same as safety guidelines and recommendations evolve over time.
- Avoid discriminatory behavior against people of certain ethnic backgrounds as well as anyone perceived to have been in contact with the virus, as I recognize that COVID is not a respecter of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or physical ability.
By taking this pledge, I accept responsibility for myself and my actions, and avow to do my best to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 on my campus and in my community.