- When to Wear Face Coverings
- Covid and the Classroom
- Risk Mitigation Plan
- Guidelines for Working Remotely
View a quick reference with the answers to the most commonly asked questions related to COVID-19 and returning to campus.
USC Salkehatchie is currently operating in Phase 2 of a four phase reopening process. This means that
- The campus remains closed to visitors.
- Most employees will continue to work remotely, if feasible.
- Essential personnel will be allowed on campus.
- High-risk employees will be allowed on campus, if they have a compelling reason.
- NO students are allowed on campus.
- Employees that are selected to return to campus must
- receive a letter from HR
- participate in mandatory online health training
- complete a health self-assessment form each day
- set a work schedule with HR at least seven days prior to the returning to campus
Employees should not report to campus unless they have been specifically notified to do so by their supervisor.
Before returning to work, employees must watch the following videos and read how to wear and take off face coverings, and guidelines for returning to the workplace.
Employees reporting to work on campus must fill out and submit the Daily Self-Screening Form each day.
DHEC is now offering FREE COVID-19 testing at the public health department in Walterboro every Tuesday. Individividuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or those who had close contact with someone who tested positive, should get tested immediately. An appointment is necessary and can be made by calling 1-855-472-3432. This is open to the the public and does not require a referral. Please wear a face covering.
Colleton County Health Department
219 S Lemacks St
Walterboro, SC 29488
Held every Tuesday
For an appointment, call 855-475-3432
General Support Questions
Allendale (West Campus)
IT Helpdesk phone: 803.812.7404
Gayle’s office phone: 803.812.7301
Gayle’s mobile: 843.599.3495
Marylee’s office phone: 803.812.7313
Marylee’s mobile: 803.943.8737
Ashleigh’s office phone: 803.812.7414
Ashleigh’s mobile: 843.599.5155
Walterboro (East Campus)
IT Helpdesk phone: 843.782.8669
Ray’s office phone: 843.782.8625
Ray’s mobile: 843.599.3734
Messages left at the above numbers will be returned as soon as possible.
Help Desk Portal: http://saaispice01.ds.sc.edu/portal
If you need additional assistance:
Smart Classroom Technical Support- Palmetto College
Bob Dyer: 803.777.8294 (or Ext 81-7-8294)
Helpdesk: 803.777.0123 (or Ext 81-7-0123)
University Technology Services
Phone: 803.777.1800 (M-F, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
Blackboard Videos and Training Information
Blackboard Basics for Faculty (Office of Provost)
24/7 Blackboard for Students, Faculty and Instructors
Anyone, from any campus, in need of Blackboard support should call the Division of Information Technology Service Desk at 803-777-1800 and follow the prompts. Assistance with Blackboard is available anytime throughout the day, night, or weekend. The Service Desk can assist with other support issues Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your supervisor will contact you when it is time to return to campus. If you have a compelling reason that you need to return to campus, you may contact your supervisor to see if it is possible and what steps need to be taken before returning to campus.
Phase 1 - June 1 to June 21
Phase 2 - June 22 through July 13
Phase 3 - July 14 through August 3
Phase 4 - August 4
Face coverings are highly recommended and will be required in designated areas of the university.
Yes. The Daily Self-Screening Form [pdf] must be submitted each day that you report to campus for work.
Tips and other resources for students are available under “Resources to Share with Students” on the Keep Teaching site.
As with most communicable diseases, common hygiene practices are the best way to mitigate the spread of germs.
- Cover mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough
- Wash hands often for 20 seconds
- Clean shared surfaces and equipment often
- Avoid touching eye, nose and mouth
- Stay home if sick and call your doctor if needed
Watch this video for step-by-step instructions or follow the instructions below.
- Go to uscsalkehatchie.sc.edu.
- In the Quick Links section, click “University Email”.
- Log in to your email account. Remember your email account is the same as your Blackboard login followed by @mailbox.sc.edu (for faculty) or @email.sc.edu (for students).
- Click Settings (gear icon in the upper right-hand of your screen).
- At the bottom of the Settings panel, Click View all Outlook settings - Click Mail.
- Click Forwarding
- Under the "Forwarding" heading, select Enable Forwarding
- Type the email address you wish to forward your mail (e.g., gmail, hotmail, etc.)
- Recommended: Select "Keep a copy of all forwarded messages"
Note: if you do not select this, nothing sent to your university email account will be saved in your university mailbox.
Warning!!! Some email senders do not allow their mail to be forwarded. You will need the "keep copy "in your university mailbox to get the message.
- Select Save.